Diamond employs a team of smart, creative, talented individuals that embrace a good challenge.
Sound like you?
Check out the current open positions at Diamond or contact us for alerts on when certain positions become available.
Diamond Web Services, a DTLA-based digital agency, is seeking an experienced Front End Engineer to join our team. Our clients range from startups to Fortune 500 companies with a diverse set of problems and products. As our new Front End Engineer, you’ll work closely with our team to help design and build web applications that will challenge and reward you.
You’ll work on cutting edge React applications, collaborate with back-end developers to design REST APIs, prototype proof of concepts, build libraries from scratch, solve complex UI challenges, interface with various third party platforms, and help determine the best of the modern tools for our clients.
• 5+ years hands-on experience developing web client applications.
• Degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent work history.
• Thorough understanding of event sourcing designs including Flux architecture.
• Experience building reusable, stand-alone React components
• Create pixel perfect UI/UX from wireframes and mocks provided by UI/UX designer.
• Understanding of interfacing with RESTfull applications.
• Experience with creating dynamic Single Page Applications with frameworks such as React, RequireJS, AngularJS, or Ember.
• Experience with using version control system such as Git/GitHub
• Experience or familiarity with modern front-end tools such as Gulp, Grunt, Webpack, Compass, Sass, CSS frameworks, Iinters, JS libraries like jQuery or YUI, Underscore, Node and NPM, Grunt, and CodeKit.
• A solid understanding of the following concepts: modular development, functional programming, DRY, event-driven pub/sub architecture, closures.
• Experience with TDD or BDD.
• Expert with Agile development methodologies.
• Experience in a start-up environment
• Experience with HTML5 video technology
• Experience with backend technologies such as Java or NodeJS